Society Prizes | CNSS
K.G. McKenzie Memorial Prize for Basic Neuroscience Research /
K.G. McKenzie Memorial Prize for Clinical Neuroscience Research
The Canadian Neurosurgical Society, in co-operation with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, will award one prize in each of the Basic Neuroscience and Clinical Neuroscience categories for the best manuscripts submitted by a neurosurgical resident, in which he or she is the principal author.
- The K.G. McKenzie Prizes will each consist of:
- Presentation of your work during the Grand Plenary session at the Congress
- A Prize Certificate
- $1,000 cash
- Full registration to the Congress
- Travel to the Congress (economy fare)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Additional $500 prize awards may be presented
General Requirements for all CNSS Prize Submissions
- Contestants must be a member in good standing, for at least one year prior to submission, with the Canadian Neurosurgical Society (CNSS).
- Contestants need not be the sole authors, but should have been primarily responsible for the work being presented.
- The senior author on the paper must also be a CNSS member in good standing.
- Contestants must submit a structured abstract, expanded up to, but not exceeding 3 pages, which is to include any figures, tables, and necessary references. Submissions longer than 3 pages of single spaced typing will not be considered. The format followed should consist of Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. The authors should bear in mind, in the background section, that not all judges will be experts in the subject of the research paper.
- Contestants must submit a letter from their program chair indicating that the work was done by the resident and was principally the work of that resident.
- Contestants must submit a small biography which indicates where the candidate is in their residency or in a diploma program, and listing other work that he/she has done.
- Contestants must also submit their basic abstract to the CNSF Congress, on the official online abstract submission site.
- The Call for Abstract submission process is independent from the Society Prize submission process.
- All Society Prize submissions must be received by April 30, 2021
- Clearly indicate name of Society Prize you are submitting for; 'Basic Neuroscience Research' or 'Clinical Neuroscience Research'
- Submissions should be sent as three separate PDF files label: last name_
- 'Letter' from their program chair
- 'Expanded Abstract'
Applicants for the prize should send their submissions to:
Canadian Neurosurgical Society