Society Prize | CSCN
Herbert Jasper Prize
The Herbert Jasper Prize is awarded annually for the best submitted expanded abstract in clinical or basic neurophysiology by a resident or fellow in training.
- The Herbert Jasper prize will consist of:
- Platform presentation of your work at the CNSF Congress
- A Prize Certificate
- $1,000 cash
- Full registration to the Congress
- Travel to the Congress (economy fare)
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- The CSCN is also offering a single $500 award for the best EEG abstract submitted to the Congress, and a single $500 award for the best EMG abstract submitted to the Congress.
2024 SOCIETY PRIZE SUBMISSIONS - OPENING SOON
General Requirements for all CSCN Prize Submissions
- Contestants must be a member in good standing with any one of the six Societies of the CNSF; as a Junior member or an Active member within two years of receiving their Royal College certificate. (Become a Member | CNSF)
- Contestants need not be the sole authors, but should have been primarily responsible for the work being presented.
- Contestants must submit a letter from their program director indicating that the work was done by the resident and was principally the work of that resident.
- Contestants must submit a small biography which indicates where the candidate is in their residency or in a diploma program, and listing other work that he/she has done.
- Contestants must submit a structured abstract, expanded up to, but not exceeding 3 pages, which is to include any figures, tables, and necessary references. Submissions longer than 3 pages of single spaced typing will not be considered. The format followed should consist of Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. The authors should bear in mind, in the background section, that not all judges will be experts in the subject of the research paper.
- Those submitting an expanded abstract for a Society Prize must also submit their basic abstract to the CNSF Congress, as instructed in the Call for Abstracts.
- The Congress Abstract submission process is independent from the Society Prize submission process.
- Society Prize submissions accepted by email ONLY, on or before TBD
- Clearly indicate name of Society Prize you are submitting for; CSCN Herbert Jasper Prize
- Include title of expanded abstract and the 'basic abstract number' submitted to the CNSF Congress
- Submissions should be sent as three separate PDF files label: last name_
- 'Letter' from program director
- 'Expanded Abstract' (not exceeding 3 pages)
Applicants for this prize should send their submissions to:
Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists